Rise of the Runelords
- A flat-footed character can’t make attacks of opportunity, unless he has the Combat Reflexes feat.
- Combatants who started the battle aware of their opponents each take a standard or move action during the surprise round.
- If you’re unarmed, you don’t normally threaten any squares and thus can’t make attacks of opportunity.
- An attack of opportunity is a single melee attack, and most characters can only make one per round. You don’t have to make an attack of opportunity if you don’t want to. If you have the Combat Reflexes feat, you can add your Dexterity modifier to the number of attacks of opportunity you can make in a round. This feat does not let you make more than one attack for a given opportunity, but if the same opponent provokes two attacks of opportunity from you, you could make two separate attacks of opportunity (since each one represents a different opportunity). Moving out of more than one square threatened by the same opponent in the same round doesn’t count as more than one opportunity for that opponent. All these attacks are at your full normal attack bonus.
- Pick up an item provokes an attack of opportunity.
- Xarzokk can only use Summon Monster I list.
- Perception: Intentionally searching for stimulus is a move action.
- Handle Animal: Handling an animal is a move action, while “pushing” an animal is a full-round action. (A druid or ranger can handle her animal companion as a free action or push it as a move action.)